Which is a good air purifier?

Misha

Hi,

This is my first post here. I want to buy an air purifier and wanted to know which one is good.
Xio-Mi or Kent? I need it for 13'x14' area. Can anybody guide?

Thanks

Admin01

Administrator
Hi,

This is my first post here. I want to buy an air purifier and wanted to know which one is good.
Xio-Mi or Kent? I need it for 13'x14' area. Can anybody guide?

Thanks
Misha, my suggestion would be to go with Mi Air Purifer. The Kent Air Purifier which is priced similarly, can only deliver almost half as much filtered air as Mi one (180 vs. 310 m3/hr) and on top of that, Kent has a Ionizer, which can be bad for health if it generate Ozone gas, which can lead to severe health problems and allergies over time.

I am using Mi and Philips Air Purifiers at home and for the price, Mi is hands down the winner.

Misha

Thanks Yogesh.
I didn't know that ozone gas generation could trigger allergies or health issues... Never heard of that...

Admin01

Administrator
Breathing ozone can trigger a variety of health problems including chest pain, coughing, and throat irritation. It can worsen bronchitis, emphysema, and asthma. "Bad" ozone also can reduce lung function and inflame the linings of the lungs. Repeated exposure may permanently scar lung tissue.

Healthy people also experience difficulty breathing when exposed to ozone pollution. Because ozone forms in hot weather, anyone who spends time outdoors in the summer may be affected, particularly children, older people, outdoor workers and people exercising. Millions of Americans live in areas where the national ozone health standards are exceeded.

Ground-level or "bad" ozone also damages vegetation and ecosystems. It leads to reduced agricultural crop and commercial forest yields, reduced growth and survivability of tree seedlings, and increased susceptibility to diseases, pests and other stresses such as harsh weather. In the United States alone, ground-level ozone is responsible for an estimated $500 million in reduced crop production each year. Ground-level ozone also damages the foliage of trees and other plants, affecting the landscape of cities, national parks and forests, and recreation areas.

Source: Good Up High Bad Nearby - What is Ozone?