Which Laptop to buy?

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Ankur bhai can you please specify exactly which Dell XPS you got? model number?
How are you finding its performance after few months now?
I am in same dilemma as you were. Macbook Pro vs high end windows laptop :Hangman:
I am considering getting a 13" laptop or macbook pro and plan to use secondary monitor with it (minimum 21 inch display)
Amit bhai, I got a Dell XPS 9550 model
http://www.dell.com/sg/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd?oc=w51751603sgw10&model_id=xps-15-9550-laptop
LR and PS performance is great. I have never felt limited by resources (CPU, RAM etc) and 4K screen is ultra crisp. I love viewing and editing my pictures on it now.
I heard Mac is also coming with 6th gen CPUs now you can also consider it. I have compared PC vs Mac here

nadz11.ns

Super User
@asheshr Try to buy one with Full HD display simply for better Lightroom/Photoshop experience.
Even this one isn't cheap at 45k, but at around 55-60k, you will get one with FHD Display and Nvidia graphics. Gaming is better with Nvidia than with AMD cards.

asheshr

Super User
It'll be decent config for Lightroom use but not gaming. Even for Lightroom use I would prefer full hd screen.
@asheshr Try to buy one with Full HD display simply for better Lightroom/Photoshop experience.
Even this one isn't cheap at 45k, but at around 55-60k, you will get one with FHD Display and Nvidia graphics. Gaming is better with Nvidia than with AMD cards.
Even video editing is better with NVIDIA cards.
Recommend a few with HD displat and nvida graphics...around 45k. Not looking to play the games at the top end but at mid levels.

Interested only in dell, hp or acer.

Last edited: