Which LCD TV

stereoguy

RECLAIMED LIFE
Sounds like a nice deal, but only 2.5% discount?
Yup that(2.5%) is what they give extra to the TATA employees .:confused:
The MRP was 36K , few months ago . The display price was something around 32990 , without any extra freebies .

After much of effort made it to come to 30K with complimentary stuff .
I was offered 29 K for the same with a Tata Sky as well . Being a sound enthusiast opeted for the Home theatre offer ... :D

PS : Took effort of two days plus dozens of loose talks to the Sales rep . :grin: to conclude the deal .

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
BCM'ians,

After already owning a Sony Bravia and after researching a lot, my choice lands on PANASONIC VIERA TX32LE8. The best thing being it has life of full 60,000 hours which no other company offered. Also the contrast ratio is FULL 10000:1 and is ACTUAL, while other companies like SONY, SAMSUNG says 10000:1 but also writes ACTUAL as 1800:1(may be because both are from the same parent). The colour quality in the TV is Excellent and SOUND though is only 100 Watt but is crystal clear. The Viewable angle is really 178 DEGREES and is not hypothetical but REAL. Horizontal arch design of this TV makes you feel that you are watching scenery on the wall. It has no nonsense plastic part and is actually a wall hanging model......

Hey! that's the one I am planning to buy for myself. BTW have you seen "Vu" brand of LCD's. I heard Moserbaer is selling it in India. They are offering 32" LCD for 27k. Most importantly its HD Ready and made in California :)

stereoguy

RECLAIMED LIFE
hmmmmm

So it means we can expect to negotiate at these branded showrooms too......

Thanks buddy for your input...
These showroms are run on concept ..... " shakal dekh ke tilak lagana " types .... let the person sales rep speak all crap of goodies ..... then show him the knowledge you have and you would dictate terms ......

They can't bluff on the pricing aspects / quality / features for long . :)
They posses limited bandwidhth .......

Key to negotiataion is No desperation .... in buying ...... :rolleyes:
Just be clear with what you are buying .....

stereoguy

RECLAIMED LIFE
Hey! that's the one I am planning to buy for myself. BTW have you seen "Vu" brand of LCD's. I heard Moserbaer is selling it in India. They are offering 32" LCD for 27k. Most importantly its HD Ready and made in California :)
Prasham ,

To the limit of my knowledge what i know is Moserbaer and VU are being sold diffrently in the market . Both of them are avaialbe under their own brand tags .

Well I wouldn't mind buying a VU LCD . They are every worth of penny for sure . The graphics and the features provided are great in the price band , the only problem I can forsee is the service .... again electronics equipments ... no matter how well you keep it ... bound to malfunction ... never know .... so service is a major concern ;)

Being HD ready ..... No pun intended .... as I said you need to be sure what you are buying ....features you want ! then choose the best option ... :)

Moserbaer ... well I have seen that as well but wouldnt recomend ..... may be i have some biased opinion for that

BTW , as mentioned by you they are made in California .... please note US again imports it from China ;-)