Which LCD TV

stereoguy

RECLAIMED LIFE
Have you guys heard bout the Vu brand?

Any reviews about it?

Getting a 40" for ~50K, is it worth it?
Personal Opinion : Worth a Try !
2 of my pals using it ... no problems till date :)
Check the complete posts on the thread and you would understand why so .... quite intelligent posts here .. by our Guru's ;):rolleyes:

hiambuj

Staff member
Well no questions on the maufacturer quality .. remains consistent with big brands ...the problem is ... BB wouldn't have the latest updated models ... really hard to find .... they dont even cater to individual request ... finally one ends up taking an older model knowingly /unknowingly .... at lesser price ....

Still the point remains .. choice depends on what exactly an individual wants :rolleyes:
A branded product can be easily checked for origin.
Made in Malaysia or Made in Japan. Year of manufacture and model number.
If these are same there will be no difference.
Understood !! Thanks !!

Update from my side.

Booked a Samsung 29" Ultraslim CRT from Croma last evening. Cost 15,000 Rs. all cash. Model number is CS29A730. They will be delivering the TV today.

Thank you all of you for your kind help in making this decision, specially Anup sir & stereoguy. You guys have turned this thread into a chest of technical knowledge about TVs. Decided to go for CRT as this was within my budget and enabled me to go for a larger screen.

stereoguy

RECLAIMED LIFE
Update from my side.

Booked a Samsung 29" Ultraslim CRT from Croma last evening. Cost 15,000 Rs. all cash. Model number is CS29A730. They will be delivering the TV today.

Thank you all of you for your kind help in making this decision, specially Anup sir & stereoguy. You guys have turned this thread into a chest of technical knowledge about TVs. Decided to go for CRT as this was within my budget and enabled me to go for a larger screen.
Congrats ! Man .. and yet again the saying proved " OLD IS GOLD " .... CRT's still rule ... :)

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on your purchase, Ashish! :)

Wish the 'woofer' models were available still; then there is hardly any need for an add-on sound system with the TV!

dheeraj

Zzzzz...
Update from my side.

that's good.and quite a good price too.:)