Which mp3 player and earphone

rupinder

as i am going for the first time on a long bike trip ,i would like to take my music with me .i dont want to play music on the phone and discharge its battery ,so i want a dedicated mp3 player.
i want mp3 with good sound quality and a good pair of earphone
should i go for ipod ,creative zen or philips . is any other mp3 player is available i can get it from delhi also.

about earphone i was thinking of seinheisser .is any other good quality ear phones available and if seinheisser which model should i go for

deejay

no longer active
Although not an ear phone, this one is a head phone - PX200 from Sennheiser. Great sound quality, very easy and light on your ears and comes with a dedicated carrying case. I've been using it for couple of years now and will recommend this over any other brand/model.

rupinder

Although not an ear phone, this one is a head phone - PX200 from Sennheiser. Great sound quality, very easy and light on your ears and comes with a dedicated carrying case. I've been using it for couple of years now and will recommend this over any other brand/model.
boss cant wear headphones over a turban so only earphones

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Best is to get a good quality earphone. All good company mp3 players have similar quality. The earphone makes the difference.
If you are not one of the crowd who says "I wanna shiny new apply mp3 ipod", a world of opportunities opens up for you.
For example Creative makes great mp3 players and they are real good and "open", not to mention good pricing.
you can do the followins
1. Listen to mp3
2. Use it as a thumb drive(no special software required)
3. Record FM
4. Record voice
5. Record from Line in.
depending on your budget and size preferences you can go for any of a 4GB to 8GB models, for example creative nano.

Now coming to earphones, I had big trouble in gym due to their loud music. So I got in ear earphones from creative. I have the EP-630
Now there are newer models
Creative EP-830 Earphones - In-ear design with noise-isolation capability

These passive ones have excellent quality and cost 600-800 rs from authorized dealers in Nehru place, Delhi

If you have better budget, then for 2000rs or so you can get "active noise cancellation" ones.
these take AAA battery which lasts 100 hours, and they actively cancel noise. Great for use in subway.

If you have relatives abroad, get the mp3 player and earphones from there, as prices are a lot less.
For only music, and no video I would suggest these models
32GB Mosiac for 70$
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Zen-Mozaic-Player-Black/dp/B001GLUJIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=mp3&qid=1274351452&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Creative Zen Mozaic 16 GB MP3 Player (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories[/ame]
Then there is the Zen MX 16GB for 80$
If you want small size creative zen nano 1GB or creative stone are good options.
Basically you can do amazon feature search to get your brand with features you need.
That said, apple as the least bang for the buck.

rupinder

thanks tanveer i dont want noise cancellations as i will be on a bike and would like to hear the ambient noise

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Then its best to get Creative LP-630 or the latter models. These are amazing, and cost around 600,
Go to in.creative.com for mp3 player of your choice.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
That said, apple as the least bang for the buck.
And the best bang for the buck without taking off your clothes! :twisted:

Seriously, I agree with most of what you've said, but let us not forget that the iPod is not a device, it's a phenomenon, it's a movement! :)
There is something there that we all know but don't want to publicly admit - the iPod is utterly sensuous, almost erotic! :cool:

Are the sustained sales figures over a decade not convincing enough? :rolleyes:

I use HPM 70 with my K790i while driving the bike, and its dangerous enough to keep yourself disconnected from outer world.

Anyway, Creative EP series as told by Tanveer bhai is the best thing that can happen to you, or if the budget really allows you, Senny CX300/CX500 would be the best gangbang for the buck!