Which mp3 player and earphone

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
at present 15 gb but will grow more as i am searching for all old albums at high bitrate.

where in delhi can i get soundmagic pl11
Make sure you buy a Flash drive based mp3 player, not HDD based. the HDD based ones are prone to shock and also do not function properly at high altitudes
As I mentioned earlier for 4000-5000rs creative 16GB models can be had

rupinder

ok guys now i had shortlisted sansa or cowon based on TE recommendations as both also play flac which i can also use to connect to my car stereo to play flac thru aux. sansa i am not so sure about as it is not available officially so only seller warranty and no official service centre .
now can u guys help me sort a mp3 player from cowon .my budget is max 10000 rs. kindly respond soon

rupinder

tanveer sir i have not been able to source creative online .only available is creative zen 4mb . i have also ordered earphones i have ordered head direct re2 with flio e5 amp combination for 2750 rs .these are available in chandigarh from lynx which is a distributor of head direct

rupinder

u dont need dedicated itunes for these .these also play flac .fm radio is also recieved. the d2 + give an output of 74mW from it. the ipod has only one advntage the user interface . plus the ipod website says working environment below 10000 feet. i dont know why

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
... plus the ipod website says working environment below 10000 feet. i dont know why
Here's the answer:
... the HDD based ones are prone to shock and also do not function properly at high altitudes
That said, many, including my daughter, have used the iPod at Leh and at Khardungla. No problem, but that is probably just luck! HDDs have an altitude limitation - technically; though that does not mean that ALL HDDs will fail at high altitudes!

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
Go for Transcend 850 worth the money with 8gb space--atleast I love it and think its a better investment when compared to an Ipod and incase of loss - it wont hit the pockets too hard

If you are planning to listen to music while riding a bike - then I would say its illegal and very dangerous

apart from that enjoy your trip :)

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Why not buy ipod if you are looking for larger capacity?
If you want to listen to music without chains, ipod is the worst thing. You don't have any control, and the sound quality you get for the money is nothing great.
Other brands offer much better VFM and more freedom in formats

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
Although not an ear phone, this one is a head phone - PX200 from Sennheiser. Great sound quality, very easy and light on your ears and comes with a dedicated carrying case. I've been using it for couple of years now and will recommend this over any other brand/model.
Are you nutts :shock: ? :mad:

:D:D:D Imagine my shock when I checked the rates in EBay :mad: those headphones cost above Rs5000 thats more than my Transcend 850 mp3 player :lol: - Granted the voice quality maybe good but not ideal for road trips where there is a good chance of it getting misplaced / damaged or lost unless you have a sliver spoon in your mouth :D