Which RO System or Water Purifier to install ?

citymonk

Super User
Branding is a way to extract more money from consumer's pocket. Any local RO is equally good with good quality filters having good quality plastic.
Thanks for clearing many things.
Plus you are encourging me to save some money on local brands.
Plastic seems to be good food grade quality to me.

Can local brand put Kent e.t.c. consumables in there machines.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Modi Guard is a good choice. The one with UV filter will cost approx 12K.
Durant model.

Almost ANy Local RO is fine. It is just s set of a motor and 5 filters packaged in a box

Anil_S

Yes. They are of standard size 8" or 10" . Normally 10" .

Problem is that Kent & Aqua gaurd spares are not available with your neighborhood servicing guy. So I located these at shops in Bhagirath Palace. It is said that filters from Hitech , Au+, Aquadyne etc are also good, but never used.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
01. The pressure created by RO pump is appox 50 psi & reject water can be stored in an over head tank. In my house I am doing it.

02. No one uses RO water for washing utensils, moping, watering plants . The TDS difference in water supply & reject water is marginal & unnoticeable. It supply water is safe for washing utensils, moping, watering plants, then reject water is equally good having passed through sedimentation & pre carbon filters.

But still its a personal choice. I have seen people using Bisleri after boiling.
Please read my post again.

Watering plants with a high TDS is not recommended.
Unit will not be able to push rejected/wasted water to a significant height.
TDS is always there in water. In case it is very high, people opt for a RO system. In case TDS is acceptable, plants can be watered easily.
I was emphasizing on "high TDS", and rejected/waste water from a RO (which is already purifying a high TDS water) is significantly higher. Plants should not be watered with that water.

Noida is known for its hard water. I am watering my plants (only few pots!) with the same RO water we drink!
We tried with wasted/rejected water and they had a white layer coating on soil in few days.

How high can the waste water be pushed? 10 feet?

Anil_S

Please read my post again.

How high can the waste water be pushed? 10 feet?
Dear Sachin,

To pass good quality water through membrane, to create back pressure, a Flow Restricter (FR value 300 to 700; lower the value; more restriction; less quantity of reject water; lower life of membrane and with higher the value; less restriction; higher quantity of reject water; better life of membrane) is put in reject water line. If reject line out put is raised , then also pressure behind FR remains very high & the out put from reject line will not be impacted.

For other points, You & me can agree to disagree.
Regards

Last edited:

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Total dissolved solids in Drinking-water Background document for development of WHO Guidelines for Drinking-water Quality

Organoleptic properties
The presence of dissolved solids in water may affect its taste (1). The palatability of drinking water has been rated by panels of tasters in relation to its TDS level as follows:
excellent, less than 300 mg/litre;
good, between 300 and 600 mg/litre;
fair, between 600 and 900 mg/litre;
poor, between 900 and 1200 mg/litre;
and unacceptable, greater than 1200 mg/litre (1).
Water with extremely low concentrations of TDS may also be unacceptable because of its flat, insipid taste.

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/chemicals/tds.pdf

Attachments

Last edited: