Who's awake right now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Aug 22, 2014.

1. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

DISCUSSION: Appointment of adv Shamila Batohi as NPA boss

[​IMG]
    SABC Digital News
    Published on Dec 4, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 415K
    The appointment of advocate Shamila Batohi as South Africa's new prosecutions boss has been widely welcomed. President Cyril Ramaphosa announced today that she will assume the post of National Director of Public Prosecutions from February next year. Batohi has been a legal advisor at the International Criminal Court and will serve notice. She was the evidence leader during the King commission that investigated the Hansie Cronje match-fixing in cricket. Locally, she was the first woman to be appointed as a director of public prosecutions when she took up the job in 2009 in Kwazulu-Natal. She will now be the first female national director. To discuss we're joined by Tiso Black Star legal journalist, Karyn Maughan, and independent constitutional analyst Phephelaphi Dube. They're in our studio in Seapoint.

2. adsatinder

Reaction to appointment of new NPA boss

[​IMG]
    SABC Digital News
    Published on Dec 4, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 415K
    President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced Shamila Batohi as the new National Director of Public Prosecutions. Ramaphosa made the announcement at the Union Buildings in Pretoria. The NDPP heads the National Prosecuting Authority - which has been accused in recent years of failing to act against rampant crime and corruption in the country. We are now joined on the line by Popcru's spokesperson Richard Mamabolo.

3. adsatinder

DA's Glynnis Breytenbach reacts to appointment of NPA boss

[​IMG]
    SABC Digital News
    Published on Dec 4, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 415K
    President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced Shamila Batohi as the new National Director of Public Prosecutions. Ramaphosa made the announcement at the Union Buildings in Pretoria. The NDPP heads the National Prosecuting Authority - which has been accused in recent years of failing to act against rampant crime and corruption in the country.

4. adsatinder

5. Alpha

Alpha Going to Neverland

good morning

adsatinder likes this.
  6. adsatinder

Good Morning All !

7. adsatinder

Vodafone survey ratings: 0

[​IMG]

8. cat

cat Senior Billi

Wow! :) Satinder ji, thanks!

Yes, I like it. Opposition parties suggesting what her priorities should be, all positive reaction, just one (an old throwback / leftover from old racist/supremacist) just repeating himself, sourly, that we will see whether she is controlled by government.)
    It is like a "curved ball" from the president, in that it is a woman - because that itself is generally seen as a good thing, gets good reactions. And anyway, they are far from the constitutional guidelines set 20 years ago, that they should try to have 40% women throughout government.

adsatinder likes this.
  9. cat

cat Senior Billi

Indian and Indonesian travellers are the most technologically advanced.
    Indian and Indonesian travellers are most technologically advanced

>> December 02, 2018

Residents from the Asian countries love the digital era and are embracing it when they are travelling too, topping Travelport's Global Digital Traveller league table.

It is the second year running that India has held the top spot of this league table, which looks at their use of voice search, preferring digital room keys and also how many's destinations are inspired by what friends post about travel on social media.

Mark Meehan, managing director for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa of Travelport, said: "India and Indonesia have grown around the smartphone and it's no surprise to see them remain the most digitally engaged in our survey. Companies need to understand how digitally advanced they are and meet the travellers in the digital platforms they're using, like instant messaging apps and social media. Travel brands need to provide the seamless, integrated experience travellers have told us they want."

Gordon Wilson, president and CEO of Travelport, added: "We can all see the way technology is changing almost every aspect of our lives. The travel industry has always been about new experiences and adopted new technologies early. This is as true today, with such high demand for voice search and biometric screening, as it was when I joined this industry almost thirty years ago. Travelport is busy innovating, inspiring and experimenting with ways to use new technologies to make buying and managing travel continually better. It's great to see confirmation that today's travellers are already as excited about future technologies as we are about making them." >>

adsatinder likes this.
  10. adsatinder

Good Morning All !