Who's awake right now?

adsatinder

explorer
PC music source, I got into it since 4 years ago......been on avforums.co.za ever since - that's where i bought speakers and amp. Got DAC via ebay. i had to learn basics re digital source, DAC, etc. ......USB-->DAC. Also got high quality USB cable 2m.
Then i got involved with pro audio speakers...sideline business with friend.

DAC, i spent $$$.
All external DAC are significant improvement (sound quality) over computer integrated DAC.
Small portable DAC powered by USB, not as good as powered separately by good/quiet power supply. Not serious.
Alternative to external DAC (because low budget / still choosing DAC to get): use cable 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA AUX input on amp.
Good DAC (including external soundcard like ASUS) controls USB, does re-clocking etc.

Bluetooth degrades sound, compression. Seriously. Only use to play music on phone.
So,... PC/laptop USB-->DAC-->RCA analog cable-->amplifier----> speakers.

Vintage /hi-fi speakers all better than desktop computer speakers. (Including any expensive Logitech with subwoofer. (Toy subwoofer.) Only computer desktop speakers like $1000+ are better.) ...

* Secondhand is the way to go... ......only way to go.
Delhi... start finding out about good used hi-fi shop/s. ...i think you know. :)
Amp and speakers.

Speaker impedance rating, never mind, they're all 8 Ohm or 6 Ohm ....... 8 Ohm handled easier by any amp, but not an issue. Car audio is 4 Ohm but using car audio stuff as alternative, that is another story. :>

Alternative to vintage speakers...is low-budget studio monitors. Nearfield, as in designed to work best at 1,2,3 meters. ...Or very small room.
Want 2 in 1 type small portable speaker that can work with both or multiple inputs.
I want it to take to office, home and with me on bike.
Bluetooth will be used with mobile only, pc needs wired connection only with less wiring.
If some other gadget comes then it can also be comparible with it.
Today only mobile and pc is main requirement
We have olx as 2nd hand market.
Have worked with home audio in late 80s and car audio in 90s.
Now technology has changed much.
Many Indian forums are here in India.

Last edited:

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
I want to renew my car policy any advice which policy is good. ?? currently i am on ICICILOMBARD. Car is now 4 years old ... NOW IDV value set to 2,20,000/-

adsatinder

explorer
I want to renew my car policy any advice which policy is good. ?? currently i am on ICICILOMBARD. Car is now 4 years old ... NOW IDV value set to 2,20,000/-
Tata AIG

Reactions: IJS