Who's awake right now?

adsatinder

explorer
Yes, i saw on tv few days ago, first in SA. Mixture of waste plastic with bitumen. Initial cost of the plant is expensive - of course...it depends on the company getting long-term contract with government.
I think they said it was more resistant to heat - from the sun.....you've probably seen it, on country roads, tar pushed up to the side by trucks.

i wish they would not do this...
View attachment 777463

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320243162_Use_of_Plastic_Waste_in_Bituminous_Pavement

Anand, R.Manju & .S, Sathya. (2017). Use of Plastic Waste in Bituminous Pavement. International Journal of ChemTech Research. 10. 804-811. The waste plastic and its disposal is a major threat to the environment, which results in pollution and global warming. The utilization of plastic waste in bituminous mixes enhances its properties and also its strength 1. In addition it will also be a solution to plastic disposal & various defects in pavement viz., pot holes, corrugation, ruts, etc. the waste plastic used are poly-ethylene, polystyrene , polypropylene. The waste plastic is shredded & coated over aggregate & mixed with hot bitumen and resulted mix is used for pavement construction. This will not only strengthen the pavement and also increases its durability. The titanium-dioxide is used as a smoke absorbent material, which will absorb the smoke from the vehicles. This innovative technology will be boon for Indian hot-humid climate. It's economical and eco-friendly. In this paper, we have discussed about the soil properties to be considered in design of pavement, pavement design, process of construction flexible and plastic-smoke absorbent pavement.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320243162_Use_of_Plastic_Waste_in_Bituminous_Pavement

Reactions: cat

adsatinder

explorer
Yes, i saw on tv few days ago, first in SA. Mixture of waste plastic with bitumen. Initial cost of the plant is expensive - of course...it depends on the company getting long-term contract with government.
I think they said it was more resistant to heat - from the sun.....you've probably seen it, on country roads, tar pushed up to the side by trucks.

View attachment 777463
http://www.ajer.org/papers/v2(11)/A02110113.pdf

Whole Book on this :

Attachments

Reactions: cat

cat

Senior Billi
I edited that post, added the link to google Drive...

... ----> Old trip log video; music Lata Mangeshkar, aaj jaane ki zid na karo

I should search youtube again...although I tried, long ago...I just remember I could not find this version, and youtube search comes up with too much other stuff.
I don't remember now, what is the thread on that forum where i wanted to post it, just that it was for reply to someone who posted something about Lata Mangeshkar CDs, how he should've got more when he could...(English (UK) guy, been staying here last 8-10 years.)

cat

Senior Billi
Come to think of it, I should search for where i can get a CD with it........or, better, high quality file /download, so i don't have to deal with courier etc. SAPO is now f*****, impossible. I really would like to have it high quality, instead of just this video.
...Problem is, searching for that is just going to brings thousands of illegal copy sellers, malware spreaders.

SHEKHAR 257

Be a Good person but Don't try to Prove.

View attachment 777463
One Lakh Kilometres Of Roads In India Are Being Made From Plastic Waste, Is This The Solution To End Plastic Crisis? | World Environment Day

This policy is being implemented nation wide. Please see the link.

Roads From Waste Plastic: How It Works
The onus of ensuring that every urban region is utilising its plastic waste into making roads lies with the City Engineers of municipal corporations. The civic bodies of each city are required to gather all the city’s plastic waste and put them through three tasks – cleaning, drying and shredding. The plastic waste can include anything from sweet wrappers to shopping bags.
Once all the plastic waste is shredded (a technique where all the dust particles are eliminated, and plastic items are shredded into fine pieces) these are heated at 165°c. Next, the shredded pieces are added to bitumen mix, which is also heated at 160°c. The final mix is used for constructing roads.
“Depending on the quality of tar, a 10-30 per cent of it is replaced with the waste plastic. Since both, tar and plastic are petroleum products they gel well together,” said Asad Warsi, Swachh Bharat Mission Consultant, Indore Municipal Corporation.

adsatinder

explorer
A Civil Engineer is here to answer about this ^^

cat

Senior Billi
That's great. Nation-wide and...Swachh Bharat Mission Consultant, suggests there is some serious involvement in driving it, implementing it.