adsatinder

explorer
Tech News

Railways now tracks trains via ISRO satellite, to inform you in case of delay

Reliance Jio Reveals New 4G Prepaid Plans, Wants Users to Pay More

2020 Jaguar XE Launched, Prices Start at Rs 44.98 Lakh

Ford is turning McDonald’s coffee waste into headlights

Facebook’s Head of AI Says the Field Will Soon ‘Hit the Wall’

Plex just launched free movie and TV streaming service that’s actually pretty great

Google Photos adds chat feature to make it easier to send and like pictures

Instagram will ask new users to provide their birthdays

adsatinder

explorer
They can all increase their prices by 100% and it would still be one of the lowest in the world.

...btw, something i saw the other day - Uganda - or maybe Congo[?] - many people spending like 20% of their income on data.
Quality of 4G is like 3G max.
Network is worst these days if you are living at a ground floor of a residential or commercial area.
No network at all of any of the biggest 3 companies.
Vodafone and Airtel both have trouble.
Jio at some places, network comes at ground floor.
This is not a special network analysis of but a common man's nightmare to use mobile phone now.
You have to go out to talk for a special call to attend or to make a call.
Or go to roof of 2 r floors above.

Reactions: cat

cat

Senior Billi
Quality of 4G is like 3G max.
Network is worst these days if you are living at a ground floor of a residential or commercial area.
No network at all of any of the biggest 3 companies.
Vodafone and Airtel both have trouble.
Jio at some places, network comes at ground floor.
This is not a special network analysis of but a common man's nightmare to use mobile phone now.
You have to go out to talk for a special call to attend or to make a call.
Or go to roof of 2 r floors above.
:eek:
That last, I have not had that problem for years. But last 15 years or so Ive been in a city central area...wait, i had the coverage/access problem few years ago, when at my mother's place...at least/mainly with internet...central area, ground floor but below road level...it was terribly frustrating, basically it would only work when I stood at the door.
Now, where i am most of the time now, 10th floor and there is a MTN mast on the roof :) (and a lot of stuff of theirs; they pay something to the body corporate every month.)
The problem i am having is with my router, different SIM, Telkom (the SOE)...apparently the problem is caused by their [limited] network switching to Vodacom network, using roaming.

The problem of 4G /LTE falling down to 3G, it happens all the time.

But on tv, and in mybroadband/businesstech.co.za, they always talking about 5G, i'm tired of hearing about it.

Now the last 2 weeks or so, I don't know what is going on, it is worse than back in the days with 9600 dial-up modem.
Even simple websites timing out. Cannot watch youtube...i stare at it for several minutes while the page loads, and now, it ends up without logging me in. Only way is to Pause it and go away - because you know youtube continues to stream and buffer even though you Paused it - if you want to stop it wasting data, the only way is to close the tab.
Even Soundcloud, which buffers more data than anything, it is impossible, I get few seconds of music, then stop for 5-6 seconds. Normally, with soundcloud buffering, you can disconnect and the music will still play for 2 minutes at least. You can switch off the router and switch on after few seconds, and the time it takes to start up and Windows to reconnect, the music is continuing the entire time.

:sad:

Last edited: