Who's awake right now?

cat

Senior Billi
OpinionTHE PRIVACY PROJECT

Smartphones Are
Spies. Here’s Whom
They Report To.

YOUR SMARTPHONE is probably sending your precise location to companies right now.
I keep it switched off until i need to use Uber, then i switch it off again after i arrive there and close the app.

...Computer web browser...they get Durban anyway, i see that, but some - certain sites, cause Firefox to ask whether to allow them to access location data.

In another test, the popular weather app MyRadar sent the phone’s precise location to Cuebiq about 20 times while it was open during an eight-minute walk in Brooklyn.
hmmm, Accuweather... i only update the weather [shown on main screen] 1 or maybe 2 times in a month. Mobile Data switched off, i usually have no data available.

Last edited:

cat

Senior Billi
MIUI 12 Coming: Top Features, Android 11, India Launch, Supported Smartphones

[https://trak]

MIUI 12 has been teased, and it’s coming soon. While Xiaomi is still dribbling with MIU1 11 and its rollout to different smartphones, the company has already started to work on the upcoming MIUI 12.
Are you using MIUI? I've seen posts about it on r/android, read few comments, seems there are so many issues...my impression is :-(

adsatinder

explorer
Are you using MIUI? I've seen posts about it on r/android, read few comments, seems there are so many issues...my impression is :-(
I am using Redmi Mobiles.
Redmi has MIUI ROM only.
I have Redmi Note 5 Pro

Issues come with each and every handset different way.
But the best thing is that they have support also.
They update if all the people face similar issues.

MIUI 11 is stable now and no problem till now.
I updated it after 2nd updated version came.
Earlier version had some problems.
Now only some problems like hanging is here at times.
I have to restart.
Then everything works perfectly.

Realme has much worst problems in it's ROM.
New ROM so community is still not mature.

adsatinder

explorer
I keep it switched off until i need to use Uber, then i switch it off again after i arrive there and close the app.

...Computer web browser...they get Durban anyway, i see that, but some - certain sites, cause Firefox to ask whether to allow them to access location data.

hmmm, Accuweather... i only update the weather [shown on main screen] 1 or maybe 2 times in a month. Mobile Data switched off, i usually have no data available.
Many apps which come by default are having all the persmissions.
But you can stop them in permission setings.
MIUI has better settings of permissions now in MIUI 10 onwards.

cat

Senior Billi
I keep it off, Location/GPS, so... then while i am away, no laptop, i use Samsung email, Samsung browser, Samsung music player. That's it. Couple times last year i used soundcloud app too. Whatever permissions, the GPS is off anyway.