Who's awake right now?

adsatinder

explorer
TECH TRIVIA

Blog Archive

Can you identify the first computer virus?

a. Elk Cloner
b. Reaper
c. Brain
d. Creeper

Scroll down for the answer.

Answer: Creeper, named for a character on the “Scooby Doo” cartoon show, is generally recognized at the first computer virus. It was written in 1971 by Bob Thomas of BBN Technologies and spread through DEC PDP-10 computers on ARPAnet, displaying the message, "I'm the creeper, catch me if you can!"

Elk Cloner, written in 1982 by then-15-year-old Rich Skrenta of Pittsburgh, was a boot-sector virus designed to infect Apply II computers and was the first to be detected in the wild.

Brain, created in Pakistan in 1986, was the first PC virus to be found in the wild.

And the first antivirus program? Reaper, which was created to delete Creeper.

BBN Technologies, by the way, was the proud owner of the second domain name to be registered on the Internet, as we found out in last week’s question. Which was the first? Click here.

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 at 9:39 AM

adsatinder

explorer
On the demand of many of my friends that are keen to learn Photography, I have decided to make a series: 'A to Z of Photography' tutorial videos on YouTube.

Share it with more & more photography enthusiasts who are keen to learn 'A to Z of Photography'.

Watch here:

Don't forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel: Mission KABERI

A traveller Friend

Hemant Kumar Uppal

adsatinder

explorer
*Tech News*

Facebook introduces “Manage Activity” tool to help archive or trash old posts

Nokia 43-inch 4K LED Smart Android TV with Dolby Vision, JBL audio launched in India for Rs. 31999

HP Pavilion Gaming 16 and OMEN 15 gaming laptops with Intel and AMD CPU options announced

4th Gen iPad Air to switch to USB-C; iPad Mini to stick with Lightning: Report

iOS 14 code leak reveals built-in translator for Safari and Apple Pencil support in websites

Redmi Earbuds S shipments cross 1 lakh units in 7 days

HONOR Play 4 Pro 5G with 6.57-inch FHD+ display, Kirin 990, 32MP + 8MP dual front cameras, IR temperature measurement and Play 4 5G announced

OPPO Find X2 and Find X2 Pro with 6.7-inch QHD+ 120Hz OLED display, Snapdragon 865 launching in India on June 17

POCO teases next “POCO for India” is coming soon

Google’s upcoming Android TV dongle device renders, remote and UI surface

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
On the demand of many of my friends that are keen to learn Photography, I have decided to make a series: 'A to Z of Photography' tutorial videos on YouTube.

Share it with more & more photography enthusiasts who are keen to learn 'A to Z of Photography'.

Watch here:

Don't forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel: Mission KABERI

A traveller Friend

Hemant Kumar Uppal
Does it include photography from mobile phone

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk