Why Battery Dies / Discharges of a Mobile Phone or Camera etc. ?

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Micro usb is universal port.
So Nokia and Samsung both have standard port.
I am using Nokia Charger for all micro usb devices
even my Battery Bank.

Last edited:

NonStopDriver

Yayawar in making...
How old is your battery and how often do you charge it?

The problem with smart batteries is that it 'learns' on what level you recharge it. So for example if you are recharging it frequently at 50% discharged state, gradually it would learn to use only 50% of the capacity and display the status according to the same. It is always therefore advisable to recharge it only when the charge level is below 10%.

Also, apart from wifi/gps, check for any new app that you'd have installed. Some app (mostly messengers) keep working in the background and eat up lot of resources. Did you installed BBM recently?

adsatinder

My Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery is 15 Months old.
No. I do not use BBM.
I charge mostly after 20-30% is left.
I have not installed any new app recently.
But may be some apps are Updating, this may be the reason.

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
Satinder Ji, please try using a Samsung charger. I've noticed that my phone heats up and the screen acts weird if I use a Samsung charger on my LG phone. I'm not technically proficient but it could be because of the charger.

Also, Samsung has recently announced that they are replacing batteries of S4 which have issues like battery drain or swelling. Its known to be a manufacturing defect. Google your battery batch number and see if your fall in the same batch.

NonStopDriver

Yayawar in making...
In that case, I'd say that it's time to change your battery. The OEM batteries are only 1800 mAh and are less capable to hold charge. Check if Luminous has one. Look for a battery with 2100 mAh. If available for your device, it would provide more backup too. And do remember to charge only when the charge indicator is 10% or below.

Simar Rajput

True Wandrer
Micro usb is universal port.
So Nokia and Samsung both have standard port.
I am using Nokia Charger for all micro usb devices
even my Battery Bank.
Satinder G , this is not true always. Charge your Galaxy S3 with stock charger, with 5.0V and 1A output or some charger which has rating below this rating say 5+-0.25V and 0.7A but it will going to charge your S3 slow but not to worry as power rating is less.

But if you charge your phone with a charger rated 5V and 2A or some charger with current output more than 1A most probably it will not effect your phone but definitely your battery will get effected and its backup will become less over time. You can use current meter lite App to see how much of current is phone fetching from charger.

I have S3 too, problem seems to be some apps that are draining your battery. Factory reset it, hope your problem will be solved. :)

Last edited:

adsatinder

Satinder Ji, please try using a Samsung charger. I've noticed that my phone heats up and the screen acts weird if I use a Samsung charger on my LG phone. I'm not technically proficient but it could be because of the charger.

Also, Samsung has recently announced that they are replacing batteries of S4 which have issues like battery drain or swelling. Its known to be a manufacturing defect. Google your battery batch number and see if your fall in the same batch.
I will try Samsung Charger.
I have one LG Optimus L9 P765 (Android) in family.
This LG pc is charged with only LG Charger,
because LG Battery is notorious and
have many complaint to die in 6 Months.
But Hardware is OK of LG.
Only Camera is not upto the mark.

I have Samsung Galaxy S3.
They are calling for S4.
So, I am not in the picture.

In that case, I'd say that it's time to change your battery. The OEM batteries are only 1800 mAh and are less capable to hold charge. Check if Luminous has one. Look for a battery with 2100 mAh. If available for your device, it would provide more backup too. And do remember to charge only when the charge indicator is 10% or below.
It seems so that Battery is gone,
but will try all the possibilities first, then I will try for S3 new battery.
I am facing this issue from last 3 days.
Actually Luminous, ERD etc have not developed such battery
because these batteries are not only smart but
S3 have NFC/Tap to exchange data function/device build in battery itself.
Earlier I tried to have a spare battery of any such reputed Importer / Manufacturer
of India but they have not developed any such battery at cheaper cost.

- - - Updated - - -

Satinder G , this is not true always. Charge your Galaxy S3 with stock charger, with 5.0V and 1A output or some charger which has rating below this rating say 5+-0.25V and 0.7A but it will going to charge your S3 slow but not to worry as power rating is less.

But if you charge your phone with a charger rated 5V and 2A or some charger with current output more than 1A most probably it will not effect your phone but definitely your battery will get effected and its backup will become less over time. You can use current meter lite App to see how much of current is phone fetching from charger.

I have S3 too, problem seems to be some apps that are draining your battery. Factory reset it, hope your problem will be solved. :)
I will try these options suggested by You.

Last edited:

gkapoor

Super User
Please charge the phone with its geniune respective charger only. Not everything is as universal as it looks to be. Phones these days have much less tolerance, like the thing you PM'd me..
Charging with other chargers also causes other problems like touchscreen not working/freezing.

adsatinder

So far, I had no such problem.
I was using same charger for it.
It is from last 3 days it is showing problems.

I will try to use Samsung Charger now.

Battery temperature earlier was 35 Degree Celcius.
Now it is 33.5 Degree Celcius.
Room temperature is 25 Degree Celcius in day.
But at night it goes down to 18 Degree Celcius or so.
Earlier day temperature was around 28 Degree Celcius.