Winter Drive - Majestic Panchachuli Beautiful Munsiyari

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Kashish aka Mindless Wanderer was visiting Delhi for his friend’s marriage. He had few days to spare and we zeroed in on Munsiyari with night halt at Chaukori. Even though I had been to Munsiyari two years back and to Chaukori less than a month back, allure of both the places was such that I readily agreed for the road trip. Manoj, friend of Kashish who had accompanies us in our winter Kinnaur trip of 2014 (http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/travelogues-north-india-f61/delightful-kinnaur-t58294/) too joined us for the trip. 24th to 26th January 2015 was finalized for the trip and we started on early morning of 24th January. We dreaded the heavy fog in the morning but luckily, it wasn’t much foggy that day.

bit foggy but nothing to worry
1.jpg

We stopped at Babugarh Cant for a quick tea/coffee and another break before Rampur for aaloo pakodas from a roadside vendor. Some fruits were also procured. Around 12.30 noon, we were passing through Haldwani and stopped at Pizza Hut for some refreshments. Thereafter it was all cannon-ball run till Almora. Majestic views of the mighty snow clad peaks from Almora stopped us in our tracks. After spending some time watching and clicking them, we hurriedly left for Bageshwar via Binsar. Our target for the day, Chaukori was still more than 100 km away and it was already striking 4 pm in the watch. But splendid landscapes stopped us every now and then and then a small village after Binsar simple took our breath away with awesome views of Panchachuli, Nanda Devi and other summits.

the gang
2.jpg

pakora break
3.jpg

simple yet tasty
4.jpg

the Machine
5.JPG

another refreshment break at Haldwani
6.JPG

quick bite
7.JPG

Khushiyon Ki Sawari !!
8.JPG

up upon the hills
9.JPG

pop up the bottle
10.JPG

its time to celebrate
11.JPG

a temple complex besides the river enroute Almora
12.JPG

hut in the woods
13.JPG

views from Almora were a bit obscured by clod formation over the mighty peaks
14.JPG

twist in the tail
15.JPG

lets twist
16.JPG

house in Almora
17.JPG

lovely views after Almora
18.JPG

It was dusk time and the setting of the village seemed surreal. We all thought in unison, we could have settled down here. Irony, I can’t remember the name of the village but it was about 20 odd kms before Bageshwar. It had gone completely dark and we decided to leave our dream village for Bageshwar. We reached Bageshwar by 7 pm and after halted for some tea and refreshments. Chaukori was around 55 kms away. While on our way, we called the manager of Ojaswi Resorts for rooms and dinner. We were assured of hot food when we will reach. We got the same room in which I had stayed previously in December. After a round of drinks, some bakar and food we called it a day.

a lovely village before Bageshwar
19.JPG

light was fading quick
20.JPG

we were stunned by the beauty of this place
21.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

drvictor19

Great Start..!! [MENTION=4442]Alpha[/MENTION] Alok Sir and [MENTION=14264]mindless wanderer[/MENTION] Kashish