XUV500 ball joint replacement

bharathegde

Hi ,
This is my first post here.I gave my xuv500 for regular service and there was a creaking sound in the front.Service centre said ballpoint replacement costing 4500.But online rates say 1750.

Please advise.

Because previously at 40000 kms the flywheel was also replaced.

thanks

bharathegde

Hi Salil,

I am not sure of that However I had a call again with the SA and below are the replacements required
Front RH shocker rs.6500
Ball joint RH and LH rs.4500
Rear Brake pads Rs.4500

Thank you.

AnupamR

Super User
I doubt online price is inclusive of taxes as well as service centre is always expensive compared to local workshops, Original vs True Copy.

4500 for both ball joints are not that expensive for such a big car, go for it as long as you are getting that replaced from ASC.

Hi ,
This is my first post here.I gave my xuv500 for regular service and there was a creaking sound in the front.Service centre said ballpoint replacement costing 4500.But online rates say 1750.

Please advise.

Because previously at 40000 kms the flywheel was also replaced.

thanks

bharathegde

I doubt online price is inclusive of taxes as well as service centre is always expensive compared to local workshops, Original vs True Copy.

4500 for both ball joints are not that expensive for such a big car, go for it as long as you are getting that replaced from ASC.
Thanks Anupam,

I felt the same and got the service and changes done.