Yamaha FZ 25 ownership reviews & experiences

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
on a very serious note:
I have seen guys doing 1000 + KM in a day on RE very frequently (I have done it thrice) and few people failed to complete few hundred KM (due to motorcycle failure). Is there any gap in understanding the product or RE needs different riding style.
We can safely give credit / blame luck, but actually need to find the reason.
P.S. few of my friends have completed SPITI trip in last summer on RE H, without any issue

Regards
Mandar
Totally agree with u sir ji. I have done few rides here and there on the bullets i have owned, none like yours though. And seen guys doing serious stuff. My close neighbor hood mech also take guys to leh and all other such places. The problem starts arising when u do not know ur bike which is the case with new gen re riders most have bought bullet just to show off.
But i personally feel that in place of improvement the service experience and parts quality have declined at re mainly its replacement parts are bad , i had faced timing gear failure twice within 200kms of changeing it first at 10k kms. And my friend who had std500 uce had its engine opened up at 9k kms and he doesn't ride above 85kmph.
I have owned and enjoyed every bit of it and loved it but i do not recommend it coz it means being more responsible which the current gen can not be (mostly).
I myself found inner peace in 2014 when i moved away from re in 2014. Never liked the uce only cgt and tb500 i like .
And i do wish from deep of my heart for improvement in re quality check and service.

ankit.traveller

lonely wanderer.......
on a very serious note:
I have seen guys doing 1000 + KM in a day on RE very frequently (I have done it thrice) and few people failed to complete few hundred KM (due to motorcycle failure). Is there any gap in understanding the product or RE needs different riding style.
P.S. few of my friends have completed SPITI trip in last summer on RE H, without any issue

Regards
Mandar
I too met many H owners in ladakh last year who completed trip without any serious issue. I met a guy at pangong who rode his H from chennai to ladakh via covering uttarakhand and spiti without any single issue.

@Mandar_C500 sir the main difference in comparison with RE and Japs is- Out of 10 bikes RE will have more issues compared to japs. Its about degree and probability of issues which is more in RE compared to Japs.

Another way- if you take feedback of 10 RE owners and 10 Jap brand owners then out of 10, six RE owners will report serious issues and out of 10, 3 Jap brand owners will report serious issues. That is the difference of quality. You are lucky if your RE is not giving any sort of troubles.

Reactions: IJS

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
on a very serious note:

Regards
Mandar
Yes,owning an RE is a very very polarizing experience with most-either people swear by it or swear at it-Luck or magic-but yes,there has to be something tangible that some people are getting Alfonso mangoes and the rest rotten lemons-n i believe that it is due to the personal commitment and vibe shared between the owner and the motorcycle which causes such varieties of experience with the same product.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AJV

Regarding Headlight, At first even I was fedup with the way the lights beams was, just a few feets away from the bike, not even able to ride it in city streets without streetlamps, unless some one behind throw some lights on the road.
But things changed later, took it Yamaha showroom, and they used a Philips screwdriver to adjust the angle through the adjuster given on the left side of the headlight doom.
after reaching home, I wasnt still satisfied the coverage of the light on the road.
took my screwdriver did the same and HURRAY..NOW ITS TOP NOTCH... I see everything on the road now..
Only concern now is that on high beam its soo powerful that it distracts the rider on the opposite lane near to seeing nothing
(May be that's why Yamaha kept it low intentionally)

AJV

Thanks a lot IJS bhai...I was going for white only but at last moment it was wifey decision for black.
I tried to adjust the beam myself but after riding few kms it came back to previous position, even on max adjustment beam throw is poor.
Brakes are good, though little soft feeling may be due to new.
Engine oil grade is mineral.
I adjusted myself, even at first it looked as if nothing was moving up or down, But after multiple tries its now 90degrees from the bike and its been more than a month still its the same,, maybe you should try once again adjusting it,

AJV

Hi Can you tell how they got your light fixed. My service centre in Coimbatore said they cant. I am a night shifter and cant rely on this light :-(
Even they said told the same at first, later they agreed to it... Havent questioned them why denied at first.. should I post a picture here on how to do it??

Autopianer

Hey i am new here and own Fz25 black one .The headlight adjustment is pretty easy the knob is located in a small hole which is on the left side in the corner of headlight right at top of a srew hole.just by rotating it as per your convenience with a screw driver you can adjust the headlight easily.

itzksk

Hi to the owners of FZ25,
(Complete novice when it comes to bikes. Took 2 months on researching on what to buy. Fz25 is my first bike :))
Recently got my FZ25. And I was a little skeptical about having the accessories being added to it. Hope you guys can help me out.
- Should I add the crash guard to my bike ? Is it comfortable enough ? IS it necessary ?
- Im not so satisfied with the cushioning that the seat provides. Any suggestions on what i kind of cover i need to use ?
- skid gaurd necessary ?
- What other mods/accessories are good to have ?

Thanks in advance.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hi to the owners of FZ25,
(Complete novice when it comes to bikes. Took 2 months on researching on what to buy. Fz25 is my first bike :))
Recently got my FZ25. And I was a little skeptical about having the accessories being added to it. Hope you guys can help me out.
- Should I add the crash guard to my bike ? Is it comfortable enough ? IS it necessary ?
- Im not so satisfied with the cushioning that the seat provides. Any suggestions on what i kind of cover i need to use ?
- skid gaurd necessary ?
- What other mods/accessories are good to have ?

Thanks in advance.
Yes the crash gaurd or leg gaurds are recommended as they do save the engine in case of a fall .u can also buy it from ur local market.
For seat cover tell ur cover maker to add or stitch a layer of foam with it to make it soft. But remember not to make it too soft otherwise it can be uncomfortable on longer trips.
Skid as i understand is the underbelly protection and yes it can protect engine from flying debris or small stones. But if u do not ride on rough tarmac too often then u can skip this. But do get the crash guard installed.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk