Yamunotri Dham on Dipawali

mousourik

Who Am I
dada..i used the term Phuchka since it rhymed well with patakha
moreover, in Bihar too we call it Phuchka.. i think we also call it gup chup at some places
No wonder. Bihar was once part of Bengal province.

Chup chup (Shhh....)
Aa rahe hai gup chup (here is coming gup chup)
Shaam ko khao phuchka (take phuchka in the evening)
Aur subah khao Dhushka (and dhushka in the morning)

(written after being inspired by the rhymes of @Alpha )

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Woke up to the melodious song played on loud speaker by the municipal waste collection vehicle. It was heartening to see the Swachta Abhiyan working in this far away Himalayan town.

Came out of the room and tried to find put the hotel owner. Luckily he too was awake. I requested if I could get my morning tea. He was happy to serve.

I went to the balcony of my room and waited for my tea. There was a small farm down the hill where the farmer family was already busy doing their daily chores. A young girl was feeding the cows and the lady of the house has already prepared the earthen stove. He man was doing something in the farm. I kept watching them and pondering about their simple but difficult life over our fast paced life in the metros.

good morning
23.jpg

view from the balcony
24.jpg

25.jpg

enjoying my morning tea
26.jpg

later enjoyed the toast
27.jpg

After finishing my tea, I woke up Manish.

It was Diwali today and we had planned to visit Yamunotri temple. Janki Chatti was about 45 kms away from where we needed to trek around 5.5 kms to reach the sacred temple. We left for Janki Chatti by 8.45 am. We expected to cover 45 kms in about 2 hours, however, it took us exactly 3 hours to reach Janki Chatti. We stopped for breakfast at Kharadi village. We spent almost 45 minutes waiting for the breakfast. Roads ahead of Barkot were under construction under the Char Dham road widening project.

first view of the snow capped mountains
28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

breakfast break
32.jpg

waiting for the food to arrive
33.jpg

and here it is...
34.jpg

crossed few of these bridges
35.jpg

Last edited:

Alpha

Going to Neverland
No wonder. Bihar was once part of Bengal province.

Chup chup (Shhh....)
Aa rahe hai gup chup (here is coming gup chup)
Shaam ko khao phuchka (take phuchka in the evening)
Aur subah khao Dhushka (and dhushka in the morning)

(written after being inspired by the rhymes of @Alpha )
aap to Vidyapati ban gaye :p