Yamunotri Dham on Dipawali

Alpha

Going to Neverland
In another 45 minutes we were at Lakhamandal temples. I had already been to this temple last year’s Diwali drive. This was first time for Manish.

The temple is built in similar manner of all other Shiva temples built all around Garhwal built by Chand dynasty and Katyuri kings. It was built around 12th-13th Century AD.

There are two life size statues guarding the temple. Locals believe they are the statues of Bheem and Arjun. Lakhamandal is belived to be the same place where Duryodhana tried to kill the pandavas by burning the Laksha Griha (house made of wax) However, the major attraction of this place is the graphite Shivlinga, which shines like a mirror reflecting images upon pouring of water over it. Like everybody else, we too tried it and were astonished to see ourselves reflected in the Shivlinga.

60.jpg

61.jpg

the main temple
62.jpg

63.jpg

Nandi sitting in front of the sanctum
64.jpg

beautiful sculptures adorn the walls of the temple
65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

another huge shivlinga placed in the premises, however, this is not the famous graphite shivlinga
69.jpg

one of the dwar-paals of the temple
70.jpg

Manish pouring water over the famous graphite Shivlinga
71.jpg

the proof - you can see Manish standing and me taking picture in this photograph
72.jpg

mousourik

Who Am I
New revelation. The mystery of this bathing beauty was not revealed in the earlier tour - if you really care to dive into history.