Yamunotri Dham on Dipawali

Alpha

Going to Neverland
New revelation. The mystery of this bathing beauty was not revealed in the earlier tour - if you really care to dive into history.
Dada.. i did mention about it in my previous trip report. Since i didn't have any photographs showing my reflection as i was solo then i could not take any, hence could not post any such pic last time. Perhaps that is why you may have missed it. Here is the quote below from my Sankri trip report:

The ancient temple complex is a Shiva temple which was excavated by ASI. The main attraction of this place is a graphite lingam which reflects greatly when water is poured over it. People flock to see themselves on the wet lingam. It is amazing to see a reflection like a mirror.

Alpha

Going to Neverland
After praying at Lakhamandal temple, we left for Chakrata which was around 60 kms. However, the road went through desolate villages for most of the part. After crossing Lakhamandal, there was absolutely no tarmac till next twenty kilometers. However, the road goes through beautiful farms and dense Banj forest. Only when we went past Quansi (pronounced as Kunsi/Kunchi), one of the bigger village, finally tarmac appeared. Since Tiger Fall was on our way with a minor detour, we decide to pay a visit. In another hour, we reached the majestic tiger fall. Even in November the water was falling with great rush. All the eateries were closed there except one but there was huge waiting timing, hence we decided to leave after spending half an hour there and headed to Chakrata.

no tarmac section after Lakhamandal on Lakhamandal-Chakrata road
73.jpg

dense and dark Banj forest enroute
74.jpg

farm and a stream near Tiger fall
75.jpg

76.jpg

about to reach the fall
77.jpg

here it is...
78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

adding water to the stream
83.jpg

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Another hour on road and we were knocking at the doors of Snow View hotel. There were huge rush of visitors still we got accommodation easily. After dumping our luggage in our room, we went to Mall road. Since we had skipped lunch, we went into Chandna’s restaurant and ordered some evening snacks. After satisfying our hunger, we went back to our hotel room. We spent rest of the time watching TV. Dozed off after a light dinner.

Snow View Hotel, Chakrata
84.jpg

Mall Road
85.jpg

86.jpg

nicely done interiors
87.jpg

88.jpg

Spring rolls are awesome here
89.jpg

Hot n Sour soup to warm up the bodies..though the red momos chutney was more then enough to put you on fire
90.jpg

closed the snack-a-thon with vegetable chowmein and a Coke
91.jpg

Since not much of a distance was to be covered in order to reach home, we were not in any hurry at all. Woke up leisurely and check out from Chakrata around 11.00 am. We enjoyed the empty hill roads. We decided to take the same road for return through which we had come. Before Paonta Sahib, we took lunch break at Madhuban Resort. Thereafter we crossed Paonta sahib without stopping. We encountered heavy traffic only when we joined the National Highway 1.

We reached home late in the evening, ending our four day trip to hills.

Lunch Break
92.jpg

food was good
93.jpg

Entering Paonta Sahib
94.jpg

Paonta Sahib, the revered Gurudwara in the background
95.jpg

***** Log Competed *****

Note: All photograph are taken by One Plus 6T phone

mousourik

Who Am I
Dada.. i did mention about it in my previous trip report. Since i didn't have any photographs showing my reflection as i was solo then i could not take any, hence could not post any such pic last time. Perhaps that is why you may have missed it. Here is the quote below from my Sankri trip report:
0. Okay, missed it. Thought that the presence of a Shiv-bhakta led to this revelation.
1. The route from Lakhamandal to Chakrata must be the same one that you had taken last year?
2. How much is the detour for Tiger falls from this road?
3. Tiger falls pics are much better this time. Surprised that you did not take chai this time.
4. Deoband not touched this time also.
5. Kitna kha sakta hai ek log ek baar mein! momo-roll-soup-chow-cola! Oh, chutney bhool gaya.
6. Loved the report.

Last edited:

Alpha

Going to Neverland
0. Okay, missed it. Thought that the presence of a Shiv-bhakta led to this revelation.
1. The route from Lakhamandal to Chakrata must be the same one that you had taken last year?
2. How much is the detour for Tiger falls from this road?
3. Tiger falls pics are much better this time. Surprised that you did not take chai this time.
4. Deoband not touched this time also.
5. Kitna kha sakta hai ek log ek baar mein! momo-roll-soup-chow-cola! Oh, chutney bhool gaya.
6. Loved the report.
0. Okay, missed it. Thought that the presence of a Shiv-bhakta led to this revelation. Never mind that :)
1. The route from Lakhamandal to Chakrata must be the same one that you had taken last year? Yes, the same one but this time from other side
2. How much is the detour for Tiger falls from this road? Around 5 kms
3. Tiger falls pics are much better this time. Surprised that you did not take chai this time. Tea Shop was closed, the one opened had too many customers to deal with
4. Deoband not touched this time also. Didn't go that side
5. Kitna kha sakta hai ek log ek baar mein! momo-roll-soup-chow-cola! Oh, chutney bhool gaya. Dada..do aadmi they, akele nahi thoonsa sabka sab, aur lunch bhi nahi kiya tha
6. Loved the report. Thank You Dada :)

Gaurav Dutt

ॐ नमः शिवाय
....awesome log Alok bhai..
Yumnotri Dham can be visited anytime, I had my share of visiting it in all the seasons..