Your suggestions for first timers in Forests/ National Parks

Ha ha :lol:Satinder sir ....that would be really helpful I guess.
In line with the requirement of the thread , may I then include the following point to my list?
  • Do watch some wildlife encounter videos:shock:, specially of that park (where you are going) if available, to get some idea on what may happen during your Safari if you do not act sensibly .
Yes !
Very Much !

LOL !
It is for first timers only.
They never take it seriously !

Shantanu Roy

But still, a lot of the regulars keep coming back to Ranthambhore because its a beautifull place and the chances of sighting a tiger are very high. The legendary GD Sir, when he visited Ranthambhore for the first time, did almost 10 back to back safari's in almost all the zones, but he had no tiger sightings. Because he was a true nature lover, he kept coming back and later on had an awesome sightings and many tales to tell.
Great example Dhiraj ji.I still remember the following quote from GD sir
it is not you who can see the Tiger, it is the Tiger that sees you and if deemed fit shall make an appearance.
He came back with no tiger sighting after 8 back to back safaris in his first venture in RTR, and as you have rightly said he came back many times for his love of nature and did many epic sightings.

Well, thank you so much for adding such valuable points to the list.
I will wait for many more from an expert like you though.

Regards

Shantanu Roy

mousourik

Who Am I
I would hence request your valued input in the form of bullet point suggestions to newbies or not so frequent foresters to make the situation better.
  • The forest is the drawing room of the animals and birds, not ours. They are the celebrities there. Just as you'd dare make noise if you happen to be the in drawing room of SRK, similarly a tourist will have to be silent here. If you spot something noteworthy, draw the attention of others by touching them - don't jump off your seat or yell.
  • While on a safari, keep your eyes moving in all directions - not on the front side only. This will help you spot wild life easily.
  • If the option is available in your camera, then suppress the sound of pressing the shutter.
  • Birds are also to be watched. If you tend to ignore them because of their sizes, remember that small may be beautiful to others and respect their sentiment as well.
  • If you stay within or just outside the boundaries of the forest, remember that it's the courtyard of those celebrities. So maintain the decibel level within 6.5 (you read it correctly).
  • If you are not fortunate enough to see any wildlife of your expectation - have heavy sighs as silent as possible. Remember that you're outside Mannat and SRK was in no mood to pay you a visit.
  • If all the above statements seem too harsh, please don't go to the forests. You'd be better off by visiting the zoo in your city where the burden on your pocket will be nominal. There you can yell at your will, smartly quarrel with your enemy or ex BF/GF over a smartphone, have a family picnic with burgers, take selfies with the animals (and even secretly prick them with sticks, throw pebbles at them - don't worry, they will abuse in a language that you won't understand).

Last edited:

Neha Bhatia

In last weekend, I visited the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, which was in Borivali, Mumbai. The worst thing is that the staff is not able to handle the visitors, as on Sunday there is always a rush. I am thinking like this could be one of my adventures. I have completely planned about tiger's shooting, but none of the things happen in the whole day. Even I am not able to see any single tiger due to the huge crowd. Huge disappointment.

Shantanu Roy

In last weekend, I visited the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, which was in Borivali, Mumbai. The worst thing is that the staff is not able to handle the visitors, as on Sunday there is always a rush. I am thinking like this could be one of my adventures. I have completely planned about tiger's shooting, but none of the things happen in the whole day. Even I am not able to see any single tiger due to the huge crowd. Huge disappointment.
Oh sorry to hear about a bad experience. But tell us one thing...isn't it it a fenced park? That should make things easy.

Sorry !
I was on a holiday !

A Tiger !

LOL !