- 1 Pair of Shoes (Wearing)
- 5 Pair of Socks
- 3 Paid of Undies
- 1 Vaseline (bought more on the way)
- 1 toothbrush
- 1 toothpaste (small)
- 1 Sewing Kit

Bicycle Spares
- 1 Tube ( emergency only as My bicycle has Tubeless Tires)
- 1 Patch Kit
- 2 Gear Wire
- 1 Brake Shoe (Installed new Brake Pads on front wheel)
- 1 Multitool
- 1 Sponge (Bike Cleaning)
- 1 Chain Cleaning Brush
- 1 Vim Bar Liquid Refill (20% Remaining in Pouch)
- 1 9 Inch Spanner (for opening bottom on shocker Nut Bolt)
* I had to service my bike schokers half way as they had started to get hard on broken tarmac.
- 1 Bearing Grease Pouch
- 1 Bike Torchlight
- 1 Chain Lube
- 1 Chain Connector Link

* If you need pics of any of the items then please let me know. I will post it.

Electronics

- 1 Camera Nikon P&S
- 8 Rechargeable Batteries
- 1 Pair of Headphones (Didn't use much)
- 2 Powerbank (10,000 mAh + 2500 mAh)

Essentials
Raw Ginger + Honey Pouches + Lemons (works as natural oxidant in cold and flu symptoms)

Everything was wrapped in polythene plus took some extra polythene for emergencies.

1 Book to read and 1 Diary to make notes.

8:30 pm - Bus Started on Time (Thanks to Himachal Roadways)
- Placed the Bike on Top of the Bus and Took my Seat.
- Bus stopped at really pathetic place for Dinner. I complained to conductor but he smiled and said they are asked to stop here only as they are given orders.
- Rest of the journey was uneventful. Reached Shimla at 5:30 am.
DSCN0005.JPG

Day 1 - Shimla to Rampur (138 Kilometres)

- 6:30 am - Started my Ride towards Jakhoo Temple (The highest point in Shimla)
- Smooth Tarmac till Rampur.
- Apple Season in Full Swing so all Pickup Trucks were in hurry on roads.
- Kids after crossing Narkanda were very joyful and happy to see me on the road.
- Climb till Jakhoo Temple and Kufri is nice.
- Amazing Downhill of 30 - 35 kilometres after Narkanda till Uni.
- Ride from the end of downhill till Rampur is undulating.

250 - Bike Ticket (Have to pay half ticket for taking cycle on roadways buses)
520 - BUs Ticket (Booked from www.hrtchp.com)
10 - Tea
40 - Apples
40 - Paranthas + Tea
160 - Mutton Rice
26 - Shampoo Pouches + Elfy
20 - Water
95 - 2 Mix Paranthas + Dahi
20 - Tea + Snacks
250 - Room Rent

Started at 6 am and finished at 7:30 on the same day.

Pay and Use Loos in Shimla
DSCN0007.JPG

HELLRIDER (me) and Spartan (Bike) at The Jakhoo Temple
DSCN0016.JPG

The Cut for Chini Bangla (Right) at Kufri
DSCN0020.JPG

The Stunning Hockey Field at Shillaru
DSCN0023.JPG

Last 30 Kilometres to Rampur (Satluj on the Right) (Beautiful People and Amazing Vistas)
DSCN0030.JPG

Personal Note
To my Dear Readers,
The start of this journey goes back to my successful attempt at khardungla on Bicycle from Leh (for which I did not write a log unfortunately). Last year I took my bicycle to Leh with the goal of cycling back to Manali but had to cancel after Khardungla climb due to several reasons. I have participated in many cycling events over the last two years and 2 times in MTB Shimla (a prestigious race in the Shivaliks).
So, I was well prepped for this journey. I had time of 10 - 11 days in between my studies and work so I planned this trip meticuously. Decided against camping, stayed in local and cheapest accomodation available, ate local food, drank from local water bodies. The end figure of 8,000 rupees for this entire trip is a testimony and was one of my prime objectives (travel cheap, light and fast through Spiti).
Bicycle travel gave me the pleasure of stopping whenever I wanted, resting under a lonely tree when the Sun was relentless, gathering smiles and quotes from people along the way, getting delicious fruits from local women for free was a shocker of a surprise. The hospitality of people in the most remote and unknown places in Himanchal provides enough learning for metropolitan citizens. Anyways, I wouldn't get into every detail now but leave that for the rest of the journey. I met some really helpful travellers who stopped and gave me water and asked me about my trip thus far, I will never forget them.

Hellrider

Stop Global Warning
Day 1 : Rampur - Rekong Peo

Ride was smooth. Good Roads Encountered. The climb was very gradual throughout the day and food was great. I crossed karcham Dam which is a beauty. The road after the dam detriorated in small patches. Was tempted to see Chitkul but left it for another trip.
Met a couple of Israeli Travellers. (their bike had a flat so they were waiting to get it fixed)
To reach Recong Peo, we have to climb hard for 5-6 kilometers away from the main highway.
Roads is very narrow. Single Lane mostly.
Rekong Peo is beautifully situated and snow cap mountains are right in front. Good Food and ambience.
Slept like a baby at the end of the day.

DSCN0033.JPG

DSCN0035.JPG

DSCN0036.JPG

DSCN0037.JPG

DSCN0039.JPG

DSCN0040.JPG

DSCN0041.JPG

DSCN0042.JPG

DSCN0046.JPG

DSCN0048.JPG

DSCN0049.JPG

DSCN0050.JPG

DSCN0052.JPG

DSCN0055.JPG

DSCN0058.JPG

DSCN0059.JPG

DSCN0060.JPG

DSCN0065.JPG

DSCN0067.JPG

DSCN0070.JPG

DSCN0072.JPG

DSCN0074.JPG

DSCN0075.JPG

karun0035

Bus stopped at really pathetic place for Dinner. I complained to conductor but he smiled and said they are asked to stop here only as they are given orders.
It depends on the kind of bus you board, the luxurious the bus, the better is the place. Better is a understatement here (frequent HRTC travellers will know this!) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HELLRIDER (me) and Spartan (Bike) at The Jakhoo Temple
You are not supposed to take your vehicle(?) till the point you are standing. I hope you obtained permission to take your bike along with you, once inside the main gate. (Any local/shopkeeper could have helped you in this matter).

Hellrider

Stop Global Warning
It depends on the kind of bus you board, the luxurious the bus, the better is the place. Better is a understatement here (frequent HRTC travellers will know this!) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I travelled in the lowest fare buses so they stop at really bad overinflated dhabas with low quality food and not even an RO filter to fil up water (coz they want us to buy bottles of water) (add environmental problems)

You are not supposed to take your vehicle(?) till the point you are standing. I hope you obtained permission to take your bike along with you, once inside the main gate. (Any local/shopkeeper could have helped you in this matter).
I didnt see anyone there so I took the bike. I was there for 30 mins and no one came except the friendly dog living there so I guess its ok :)